Monday, November 8, 2010

Innocent Love From Heart - A Spiritual Story

Here's a story about Moses. He was passing through a forest. He saw a man praying> But the man who was praying was saying such absurd things that he could not go further. He had to stop the man>what he was saying was profane - sacrilegious. He was saying "God you must be feeling sometimes very alone - I can come and be always with you like a shadow. I will give you a good bath. I am a shepherd. And I will take all the lice from your hair and your body...."

Lice ? Moses could not believe his ears. "What is he talking about ?"

Moses stopped him and said "Listen ! What kind of prayer is this ? What are you doing ? To whom are you talking ? Lice in the God's hair ? He needs a bath ? And you are saying 'I will rub your body and make it absolutely clean'? Stop this nonsense. This is not prayer. God will be offended by you."

Looking at Moses, the man fell at his feet. He said, "I am sorry, I am an illiterate ,ignorant man. I don't know how to pray. Please you teach me."

So Moses taught him the right way to pray, and he was very happy because he had put a man on the right track. Happy, puffed up in his ego, Moses went away.

And when he was alone in the forest, a thundering voice came from the sky and said , "Moses, I have sent you into the world to bring people to me, to bridge people with me and not to take my lovers away from me. And, that's exactly what you have done. That man is one of the most intimate to me. Go back. Apologize. Take your prayer back ! You have destroyed the whole beauty of his dialogue. His love is true. Whatsoever he was saying , he was saying from his heart. It was not a ritual. He will repeat it but it will be only on the lips, it will not be out of his being."


Note: This story has been told by Osho in one of his books.

No comments:

Post a Comment