Alcoholism is a chronic disorder in which a person becomes addict to alcohol. Prolonged use of alcohol affects both physical and mental conditions.
Symptoms of Alcoholism
Following are the major alcoholism symptoms:
1. Bloodshot eyes
2. Hoarse voice and rapid pulse
4. Vomiting, delirium
5. Disturbed sleep
Causes of Alcoholism
Following are the major alcoholism causes:
2. Damaged relationships
Complications of Alcoholism
Following are the major alcoholism complications:
1. Damages liver
2. Leads to cirrhosis
3. Disorders of the stomach and bowels
4. Damage to brain cells
5. Affects heart
Natural Home Remedies for Alcoholism
Following are some of the effective home remedies for alcoholism:
1. Grapes are a healthy substitute for alcohol. Alcoholics should take three meals a day of fresh grapes at five-hourly intervals.
2. Apples are also very helpful in removing intoxication and reduce the craving for wines and other intoxicating liquors.
3. Take half a glass of water in which four or five dates have been rubbed together. Drink the above twice daily for a month. It is an effective home remedy for alcoholism.
Alcoholism Treatment and Advice
1. Take vital nutrients consisting of wholegrain cereals, nuts, seeds and sprouts, fresh fruits, and vegetables.
2. Take a glass of fresh fruit juice as a substitute drink for alcohol.
3. Avoid all refined foods such as sugar, white rice, macaroni products, strong condiments, white flour, and meat.
Herbal Remedies for Alcoholism
1. Take 3 teaspoons of the juice of the leaves of bitter gourd mixed with a glass of butter milk every morning for a month. It is very useful for a liver damaged due to alcoholism.