Definition of Spirituality
It's the "aaah haaa" moments you get that help you
recognize your own inner spirituality.
You are surrounded by spirituality everyday. The definition of spirituality is that which relates to or affects the human spirit or soul as opposed to material or physical things. Spirituality touches that part of you that is not dependent on material things or physical comforts.
There is a way to bring spirituality back into the forefront of your everyday life. Spirituality is all around you. Spirituality is in everyone you meet and everywhere you go. You are a spiritual being deep down under the trappings of this material world. Now you can rediscover that spirituality in your everyday life.
• Be aware of your surroundings, see past the physical, and see the spirit in all things. Think of the things that make you happy.
• Look at your loved ones, experience the love you feel for them. That love is pure joy and that's spirituality.
• What makes you smile? That's new age spirituality. The simple sight and sound of a child's laughter, the quiet peaceful sight of a cat napping in the sun, that's spirituality.
• A quiet walk on a spring day, the gentle breeze, the sound of birds chirping, the smell of flowers and freshly cut grass, it's all the definition of spirituality.
Whatever makes you feel peaceful, joyful and content is spirituality.
• Notice all the acts of kindness and good you encounter throughout your day, that's spirituality.
• Devote just a few minutes a day to quietly meditate on all the good things in your life, that's spirituality.
• Read books that inspire you and touch your heart will help determine your personal definition of spirituality. Listen to spiritually focused teachers . There are many that inspire and teach an everyday approach to spirituality, some of which have books listed in the resource section of this article.
I have found that although there is no one magic book, CD, or person that will instantly enable you to find your inner spirituality, each will have something to offer, something that will spark feelings of spirituality . Take what rings true in your heart and build on that. It's the "aaah haaa" moments you get while reading or listening that helps you recognize your own inner spirituality.
Joy, Peace, and Love, Your Birthright
Remember to bring awareness to everyday tasks and remind yourself that you were created by spirit with love and joy. You are a spiritual being first and foremost. Spirituality is your birthright and as much a part of you as the air you breathe. Another definition of spirituality is joy, peace, and love.
Choose to see spirituality in all things by choosing to see the good and joyful side of life. Radiate this joy and spirituality out into the world and come home to your true self your spiritual essence. Learn how to be happy and you will make your world a better place. Living by example is the greatest gift you can give to the humankind.
Source : Living Words of Wisdom