IS OPD FACILITY IS BEING ABOLISHED ?
In my earlier stories some where I have mentioned that a company culture requires a quick, straight , cut and dried conduct of business with full transparency. But it is regretted that this never remain the practice in our esteemed organisation for the last few years. Hence, rumours...current talk, hearsay and unverified statements, which, no doubt, are detrimental to the interest of an organisation. As such, every deptt in its CDA Rules have a specific provision to check the rumour. Just imagine how much time of the serving employees is wasted on infructuous discussion on each and every rumour from 10 to 5, that too, not for days, weeks or months but for years...... what else they poor can do in absence of transparency and in a state of indecisiveness and normlessness ????????
Now there is one more important issue in talk for the last few days where it is being feared that ONGC is going to abolish the OPD facility from its medical rules.Perhaps some over-zealous peole might have got the half cue from the VI Pay Commission Report. If there is an iota of truth in such rumour, the management of ONGC should keep in mind :
1. that being exempted from the ESI Act, Central Goverment (Medical Attendance) Rules by and large apply on ONGC . Orders of the Govt, erstwhile Commission and Corporation to this effect well exist.
2. In view of the nature of assignments of employees of this complex organisation, ONGC has been liberalising the aforesaid rules by issue of executive orders from time to time, as is the case with a number of other PSUs etc.
3. Statutorilly, facility once granted can never be withdrawn and Service Conditions can never be altered even by the Hon'ble Supreme Court.
4. The Central Goverment Health Scheme (CGHS) suitaly contains that : OWN HOSPITALS ARE FORMED BY THE DEPARTMENTS TO GIVE COMPREHENSIVE HEALTH CARE TO THE EMPLOYEES AND THEIR FAMILY MEMBERS AND ALSO TO REDUCE EXPENDITURE ON REIMBURSEMENTS."
5. Very recently all the insurance companies have resorted to CASHLESS MEDICAL SCHEMES for the beneficiaries under their respective medical policies to to exercise conomy and control and also to avoid misuse etc
INSPITE OF ABOVE IF ONGC STILL FEELS TO DISCONTINUE THE OPD, THEN THE SAID ORDERS BE MADE APPLICABLE TO THE FRESHERS WHO JOIN ONGC AFTER IMPLEMENTATION OF SUCH REVISED SCHEME AND NOT FOR THE OLDERS (ICLUDING RETIREES). In view of the above, the recently issued New Mew Medical Facility Scheme for the Retired Employees also needs reconsideration.
_____________________________________________________________________________________Author's Appeal : In view of prevailing situations in ONGC, every retired employees should have with them the following Swamy's Compilations for day to day reference .These are avaialble in the market at low price :
1. Central Govt (Medical Attendance) Rules, 1948
2. Central Govt Healt Service Scheme (CGHS)
3. Facilities and Benefits to the Retired Employees._
YOU MAY PURCHASE SWAMY'S HAND BOOK (COST APPROX RS 200). It is too relevant to the serving employees also.