Monday, November 9, 2009

NOW HE IS THE BIGG B....

Yes, I am telling about Amitabh Bachchan, the Bollywood's Shanhenshah, Superstar, Star of the Millenium, Demi God, entrepreneur, politician, game-whow host, singer,one-man industry and super human-being with huge fan base. He needs no introduction.

In mid-60, I had the opportunity to be closely associated with one Shri B.D. Khanna residing at Mohini Road, Dehra Dun. Shri Khanna was the most successful Sales Promotor for M/s Walchandnagar Industries Ltd., Lipi Boilers both of Pune. He was importantly associated with Bird & Company of Kolkata, which is dominated by Burmans. The youngest brother of Shri Khanna namely Shri R.S. Khanna, a well-built attractrive personality, was also in the employ of Bird & Company, where I happened to be once. When some one showed me the Chief Executive of Bird, I said "I know him. He is Mr. Jagdish Marwah, younger brother of highy respected quarry owner of my native place (Dehra Dun). It was, however, new thing for me to know that Shri Jagdish Marwah was married to the daughter of one of Burmans. Sudenly, a dark, tall, lean, lanky and intensely brooding person having horse features came before us. My partner said "He is Amith, son of well-know poet Harivansh Rai Bachchan." I promptly enquired "Is it ? What is he doing here ?" My friend replied "He is working as Freight Broker in Bird". Actually, Amitabh looked so unattractive to me that I was surprised to see him in his debute film "Saat Hindustani" though he was awarded for the same. It was beyond my intelligence to imagine how this person got entry in a film - later on I came to know that his entry in Bolywood could be possible on account of an intrductory letter from late Indira Gandhi, the then P.M. of India as Amith was a friend of Rajiv Gandhi. Anyhow, the deep baritone voice of Amitabh Bachchan in Anand made me his admirer.

After seeing the downs and downs, the destiny has finally placed him at his current position where there is no limit for this super-star. To me, in effect, his every major decision was a surprise - like his working in Bird as Freight Broker, his joining films, his marrying Jaya due to heght reasons, his joining politics, his promoting ABCL, his organising Fashion Event, his working in Nishabad opposite Jia and now in Pa...

Any Amitabh Bachchan (Srivastav) deseves Kudos for withstanding intense pressure and all odds.

His journey to stardom justifies the saying IF THERE IS A WILL THERE IS A WAY.

May God Bless Him To Achieve More And More Heights.

No comments:

Post a Comment